Allergies

If your child has an allergy or medical condition of any description, you must tell us. Please do not presume we know. Current allergens for school meals are displayed in the school entrance and in the school bistro.

We have a number of children in our school have severe food allergies to peanuts/nuts. It is important that there is strict avoidance of this food in order to prevent a life-threatening allergic reaction. We are asking your help to provide our students with a safe school environment.

Any exposure to peanuts/nuts may cause a life-threatening allergic reaction that requires emergency medical treatment. To reduce the chance of this occurring, we are asking that you do not send any peanut or nut containing products to school with your child that will be eaten in school. If your child has eaten peanuts/nuts before coming to school, please be sure your child’s hands and face have been thoroughly washed before entering the school.

At certain times in the year we have bun/cake sales and parties – we ask that parents/carers send us nut-free products. If parents/carers send a child in with treats to give out for their birthday, these are given to children to take home and not consumed at school.

We appreciate your support of these procedures. For information regarding allergy medication, please see the ‘Medical’ section of our website.

X