At Inmans Primary School we promote Healthy Schools, a few ways in which we do this are:
- promote physical, social, emotional & mental health to help equip pupils, staff and families with the skills needed to make informed decisions about their health.
- we support pupils to do their best and build on their achievements. We are committed to ongoing improvement and development.
- we recognise the importance of investing in health and wellbeing to assist in the process of raising children and young people’s achievement levels.
- we involve the whole school community, parents, governors, staff & pupils in improving children’s health, wellbeing and happiness, helping them to get the most out of life.
Social, Emotional & Mental Health
Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health covers aspects of:
- Emotional Literacy
- Mental Health
- Anti Bullying
Healthy Eating covers aspects of:
- Healthy packed lunches
- Breakfast & Late Club food provision
- School meals, free school meals and universal infant free school meals – increasing uptake and optimising quality.
Active Schools covers aspects of:
- ensure high quality PE twice a week for all year groups
- Provide 30 minutes a day of Physical Activity
- Develop an ethos and culture around Physical Activity
- Compete in traditional team sports such as Football, Cross Country and Dodgeball to inclusion sports such as Boccia, Trigolf.
Personal Social Health Education
Personal Social Health Education covers aspects of:
- Keeping safe and managing risk
- Economic wellbeing and being a responsible citizen
- Physical health and wellbeing
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Y5 & Y6 Sex and relationship education