At Inmans Primary School we promote Healthy Schools, a few ways in which we do this are:
- promote physical, social, emotional & mental health to help equip pupils, staff and families with the skills needed to make informed decisions about their health.
- we support pupils to do their best and build on their achievements. We are committed to ongoing improvement and development.
- we recognise the importance of investing in health and wellbeing to assist in the process of raising children and young people’s achievement levels.
- we involve the whole school community, parents, governors, staff & pupils in improving children’s health, wellbeing and happiness, helping them to get the most out of life.
Whether squeezing it in before the school run in the morning or before bed on busy midweek evenings, preparing your child’s lunchbox can seem like just another thing on the list.
School meals are a great choice, but if you do make a packed lunch for your child then Change 4 life has got you covered with a range of quick, easy, healthier lunchbox ideas.
Social, Emotional & Mental Health
Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health covers aspects of:
- Emotional Literacy
- Mental Health
- Anti Bullying
Healthy Eating covers aspects of:
- Healthy packed lunches
- Breakfast & Late Club food provision
- School meals, free school meals and universal infant free school meals – increasing uptake and optimising quality.
Active Schools covers aspects of:
- ensure high quality PE twice a week for all year groups
- Provide 30 minutes a day of Physical Activity
- Develop an ethos and culture around Physical Activity
- Compete in traditional team sports such as Football, Cross Country and Dodgeball to inclusion sports such as Boccia, Trigolf.
Personal Social Health Education
Personal Social Health Education covers aspects of:
- Keeping safe and managing risk
- Economic wellbeing and being a responsible citizen
- Physical health and wellbeing
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Y5 & Y6 Sex and relationship education