Following government and DfE guidance to close schools in January 2021, online/remote learning has become the main avenue to continue teaching and learning for the coming weeks. Subject content is created to support learning, in line with our curriculum, and to keep pupils connected and engaged in their learning. We will continue to teach the same curriculum remotely as we do in school wherever possible and appropriate.
Remote learning is available to your child/ren who are at home for this Lockdown 3.0. We urge you to ensure that your child completes the work and to contact us if you have any difficulties or lack of access to remote learning.
At Inmans Primary School, we are using a blend of:
- Seesaw uploads, some of which will have recorded voice-overs to explain the work
- Live Google/Zoom meetings and storytimes.
Each day pupils will receive work set on their seesaw account by 9 am, this will include lessons due to be taught that day. Each day there will be work set for English, Maths and topic work for all year groups. Each Friday we will email out a timetable for the next week’s Google/Zoom meetings.
All online/remote learning activities will need to be accessed through Seesaw (Tapestry for EYFS) with the additional options of Oxford Reading Buddy, Purple Mash and TTRockstars.
If you would like to find other work appropriate to your child’s learning you can also access the work set on National Oak Academy and BBC Bitesize.
How to contact us for support
If you have any queries, you can contact the school office on 01482 899485 or via email email@example.com
To contact your child’s teacher you can put a note on your child’s Seesaw journal or email the pod directly.
firstname.lastname@example.org (EYFS pupils)
email@example.com (Y1 and Y2 pupils)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Y3 and Y4 pupils)
email@example.com (Y5 and Y6)
firstname.lastname@example.org (ELSA – Emotional Literacy Support Assistant)
email@example.com (FLO – Family Liaison Officer)
Steps to support you and your child/ren with remote learning
Please see below for the steps to follow to support you and your child/ren with remote learning:
- Please ensure that you have all of your child’s passwords for TT Rock Stars, Oxford Reading Buddy, Purple Mash. Children have limitless access to these.
- Maths and English work, plus another subject will be set daily on Seesaw. Please complete and submit in the usual way by annotating or sending a photo back of the work. Teachers will check this and respond.
- Remember the importance of a safe online learning environment. Set age-appropriate parental controls on digital devices and use internet filters to block malicious websites. The following sites provide support and guidance on this:
- Internet Matters-
- Net-aware, Let’s Talk About It
- UK Safer Internet Centre
You can also report harmful online content to the UK Internet Centre. Finally you can get advice on reporting online abuse from the National Crime Agency’s Child Exploitation and Online Protection command or from the Anti-Bullying Alliance. Teachers will call you on a weekly basis to check how remote learning is going. Please raise any questions you have to the teacher. All of these calls will be logged.
4. As set out in the Public Health England’s guidance for parents and carers, making a weekly plan or structure that includes time for education, playing and relaxing is important to reduce stress and anxiety for families. Routine can give children and young people an increased feeling of safety in the context of uncertainty.
Seesaw can be accessed from many devices, to log into the year group account you will need a device that can connect to the internet and that can also scan a QR code with a camera function. If for any reason you need support on registering or you need a new code sending to you please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SEESAW is a child-driven digital portfolio and simple platform to facilitate the communication of learning at home.
We aim to engage all and ensure the continuation of academic progress.
For learning to become embedded, lessons, presentations and resources will be posted onto SEESAW for children to complete.