Inmans Primary School is a centre of excellence for SMSC and a beacon of best practice.
We are changing lives and transforming the opportunities of our students through the ‘Golden Thread of SMSC’ which has been skilfully woven throughout our curriculum.
Inmans Primary School recognises that the spiritual, moral, social and cultural element of students’ education is crucial to their development as an individual. The Inmans Primary School community contributes to a purposeful learning environment that is themed to inspire a strong sense of learning and encourages children to develop a cohesive community identity – preparing its members to take their rightful place as a local, national and global citizen in modern Britain.
At Inmans Primary School, we actively promote the fundamental British Values. Our aim is to develop our children’s self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence, thus equipping children to distinguish right from wrong in all of the above SMSC areas for development. Our hope is that Inmans children leave Primary Education as tolerant, liberal, respectful members of the Modern British community with an appreciation and understanding of democracy and rule of law.
At Inmans Primary School, we will:
- Enable students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence;
- Enable students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England;
- Encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely;
- Enable students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England;
- Further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation for and respect for their own and other cultures;
- Encourage respect for other people;
- Encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.
Here is a copy of our Teaching British Values
Here is a copy of our SMSC Policy
More information can be read about our GOLD award verification HERE