If you think your child may be eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant and Free School Meals please contact East Riding of Yorkshire Council on 01482 394799 or follow this LINK to apply online.
Is my child entitled to Free School Meals?
Your child(ren) will be entitled to free school meals if you as the parent are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance (income-based)
- Income Support
- Universal Credit – Your annual income must be less than £7,400. (Any pupil eligible for free school meals before 1 April 2018 when the earned income threshold is introduced will retain their eligibility until then end of universal credit roll-out which is March 2022)
- Child Tax Credit (but NOT receiving Working Tax Credit) – provided your annual income does not exceed £16,190
- Employment Support Allowance (income-related)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
What is the Pupil Premium Grant?
The Pupil Premium Grant is additional funding on top of the main funding a school receives. It is targeted at children from low income families to ensure that they benefit from the same opportunities as children from families with higher incomes.
How can i find out if my child is eligible?
The grant is paid for every child who receives free school meals. However families may not choose to claim free school meals, but if they have an income below £16,190 then a child is still eligible.
How will the school use the grant?
Schools can use the money in many different ways. It may pay for additional staff hours to work with an individual children or small groups, it may pay for particular resources or other kind of specific support including school trips or residential visits.