On Thursday 17th October our Y4 pupils visited the Hull Maritime Museum to enrich the childrens knowledge and historical skills, they have been focussing on Whaling and Fishing as part of their topic this term. Y4 pupils were lucky enough to meet a Hull Fisherman who told them what it was like to work in the fishing industry and how hard their routes were to earn their wages. They also learnt why Whaling is now illegal. Y4 pupils also got to meet a ‘Whalers Wife’ Mrs Pickwitt, who spoke to the children about how her life was in the days her husband worked as a fisherman. Y4 pupils behaved so well and really enjoyed learning new facts. Here are some photos from the day:
- Inmans Generous Harvest Donations
- Ochre Pod are looking a bit spooky today!!
- Halloween Dress Up in Green Pod !!
- Blue Pod enjoy Halloween
- It’s a bit spooky in EYFS today!
- World Maths Day at Inmans
- Welly Wednesday
- EYFS are in The Holderness Gazette
- EYFS Welly Wednesday
- Y3 Learn ‘The Truth About Trolls’